High School Math Teacher
High School Math Teacher- Annapolis Campus
The qualified candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or a related field, with a background in math. Qualified candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or a related field, preferably with relevant experience. . Duties include planning and implementing instruction, differentiation of instruction, IEP case management and mentoring students. MSDE certification is preferred, however a tuition free pathway to certification is available through our masters program with Notre Dame of Maryland University. Prior experience with special needs students is a plus. We maintain a low teacher/student ration of 1:5 with a teacher and a bachelor’s level trained assistant in each classroom in a pleasant work environment. This is an 11 month position paid over 12 months. We offer a liberal leave policy with paid personal leave and school holidays, as well as outstanding health and retirement benefits. Location – Annapolis, Maryland. Salary is consistent with industry standards.
Teachers are supervised by the Program Director.
The Harbour School is a small private school for students with learning challenges, autism, and multiple disabilities offering many great career opportunities. Among the advantages of employment at The Harbour School are:
- Salaries that are competitive with those in the public schools.
- Outstanding health benefits – 4 options to choose from for full medical coverage, some with zero deductible. All employees are offered coverage at any level; individual, individual and adult dependent, parent and child, or family. Domestic partner and dependent coverage is offered with supporting documentation. In addition, we offer upgraded vision coverage as well as a dental plan. Elected coverage begins the first of the month following date of hire with The Harbour School paying 60% of the monthly premium at any level for the first two years of employment. The Harbour School will pay an additional 5% of the monthly premium for years 3-5. For years 5-9 The Harbour School will pay 75% of the monthly premium and upon entering the tenth year of service, The Harbour School will pay 100% of the monthly premium at any level of coverage.
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match of 50% of employee contributions up to the federal legal limit as established each year. Matching funds contributed by The Harbour School vest at 20% per year, after 5 years the plan is fully vested.
- Non-contributory life insurance, ADD, and long term disability coverage for all full time employees. Death benefit is equal to annual compensation at the time of death. Long term disability takes effect after 90 days and will pay 65% of annual salary up to $5,000 per month.
- The Harbour School is an 11 month program with 200 days of instruction for students. Staff salary is paid over 12 months of the year in 24 installments. Staff enjoy a liberal leave policy, as well as full compensation for all scheduled school holidays and closures. This includes a full week off over Thanksgiving, two weeks during the winter holiday season, spring and mid-winter breaks and an extended weekend at least once monthly when there is no scheduled holiday.
- Opportunity to earn a tuition free masters degree from Notre Dame of Maryland University with eligibility for Maryland State Department of Education certification as a special education teacher.
- Excellent work environment and happy staff members. The Harbour School has won 9 Top Workplace awards, eight in consecutive years. Eligibility for a Top Workplace award is determined via a completely anonymous survey of staff members by a third party. In addition to winning awards as a mid-size Top Workplace, The Harbour School has also been awarded special recognition as a Top Workplace for Benefits and as having Insightful Senior Management.