Accounts Payable / Business Office Associate
Jemicy School, which educates talented and bright college-bound students (grades 1 – 12), with dyslexia or other related language-based learning differences, is seeking to fill the position of Business Office Associate to handle Accounts Payable and Other Business/Finance Office Duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive, verify, and process invoices and payment expenditure requests.
- Maintain vendor files: verify federal id numbers (w-9); schedule and preparing checks; resolve contract, invoice or payment discrepancies; and correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Prepare annual 1099 tax forms.
- Process incoming cash receipts, prepare bank deposits, and enter into system.
- Manage school credit card usage, maintain multi card check-out list.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing to system reports.
- Assist with month end closing and provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Maintain accurate historical records, includes scanning files and all documentation.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, accounting or finance preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge Fund Accounting
- Able to communicate and work well with co-workers and vendors
- Professional, detail oriented, able to analyze data and circumstances
Competitive salary and benefits package will be discussed during the application/hiring process.