Development AssociateThe National Fallen Firefighters Foundation
The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) is seeking a Development Associate to provide efficient gift processing, functional reports, and happy donors. Experience with Database is preferred. Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
- Data Entry of Constituents and Gifts:
- Uses the Income Processing Checklist and Mapping of RE Funds, Campaigns, and Appeals reference sheet to determine if income meets the criteria for entry in the RE database.
- Records the gift date, fund, campaign, appeal, and the general ledger post date for the gift.
- Documents if an acknowledgement letter is needed and, if so, the date the letter was sent.
- Maintains the Mapping of RE Funds, Campaigns, and Appeals reference sheet to ensure it matches the funds, campaigns, and appeals currently being used in the RE database. Seeks approval prior to creating new or changing funds, campaigns, or appeals to inactive.
- Enters all constituent and gift data in the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database.
- Examines coding of income to ensure congruency with the Finance office. Addresses all discrepancies.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the data.
- Donor Acknowledgement Letters
- Prepares acknowledgement letters for gifts. Reviews letters for accuracy and distributes.
- Prepares and distributes letters to families designating the NFFF to receive memorial donations in memory of their loved ones.
- Ensures acknowledgement letters are in compliance with the IRS rules related to charitable contributions, including substantiation and disclosure requirements.
- Ensures acknowledgement letters are sent no more than 30 days after the gift date.
- Filing System
- Maintains an organized and easily accessible filing system for constituent and gift records to include all gift documentation and copies of donor acknowledgement letters.
- Mailings/Donor Outreach
- Prepares and sends direct mail and email appeals to donors, as assigned.
- Assists with all mass mailings of the Development office.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience, preferably in non-profit organization(s).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook software. Database experience preferred. Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
- Must possess valid, state-issued driver’s license and be able to successfully clear a Federal-level criminal background check.
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, and work well under pressure to concurrently manage multiple assignments with stringent deadlines.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills to conduct interpersonal interactions and for documentation of activities
- Able to self-motivate to work independently and collaborate as an integral part of a team.
- A high degree of professionalism, integrity in dealing with confidential donors and family information. Memorial Weekend
- Provides assistance as required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The work is generally sedentary although there may be some nominal walking or standing for short periods of time. There may be times that require carrying heavy loads or lifting items that require only moderate physical ability or stresses.
- Work in this environment involves risks and discomforts common to those incurred in offices, meeting rooms, libraries and the like. The safety precautions required are normal of those required in the locations above. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.