Assistant DirectorUniversity of Maryland
University of Maryland - Assistant Director
Position Summary/Purpose Of Position:
This position directs the business and human resource operations in the Office of Advanced Engineering Education. Activities, including, but not limited to: budgeting, human resources, accounting, procurement, travel, inventory, ordering, financial forecasting, billing, revenue tracking, and other activities related to the running of the administrative and financial aspects of the Office. The Assistant Director is considered a member of the Office Senior Leadership Team and in this capacity must serve as an advisor to the Executive Director and office staff. He/she must be able to interpret, analyze and advise on University policies and procedures to ensure compliance. This position supervises a Business Services Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business, finance or a related field.
- Minimum 7-9 years of experience in budgeting, forecasting, reconciliation, and/or revenue tracking, including 1-3 years’ experience supervising staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Excel to prepare and analyze complex spreadsheets.
- Highly developed organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to summarize financial information.
- Highly organized, proactive, solution-driven, and customer-service oriented individual.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in higher education
- Experience at University of Maryland system (including knowledge of various systems such as KFS, ELF, PHR
Best Consideration Date: 10/11/2018 Physical Demands Primarily sedentary work.
The employee is required to have the ability to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and extensive reading. Must be able to attend meetings across campus.