University of Maryland, College Park
Adele H. Stamp Student Union
Evenings & weekends required
For details and to apply: https://ejobs.umd.edu/
Position 126603 or
Apply by September 12, 2021
Great benefits, Great team!
|Position Summary/Purpose of Position:||
HOUSEKEEPER, Full-time, Contract 2 – May include evenings and weekends
Under direct supervision, maintains building interiors, ensuring cleanliness, orderliness and attractive conditions are maintained in assigned areas according to set tasks and frequencies.
Note: The intent of the list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
1. Cleans assigned areas by washing furnishings, windows, tile, fixtures, equipment and floors. Vacuums, dusts and polishes specified areas and/or furnishings. Sanitizes and disinfects bathroom areas.
2. Gathers and transports trash from assigned areas to appropriate disposal location.
3. Inspects physical condition of assigned areas; reports maintenance needs to appropriate personnel regarding repairs, replacements, furnishings and relocation of equipment.
4. Requests cleaning materials and supplies from designated areas; mixes cleaning solutions according to specifications, loads and transports service cart with required materials and supplies to designated work areas.
5. Operates standard cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, buffers, and mops.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Ability to read, write, and perform arithmetic calculations; to operate assigned tools and housekeeping equipment; to work with chemicals and cleaning solutions; to understand and follow directions; to lift and transport supplies and refuse; to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
At least two years of housekeeping experience.
Knowledge of using environmentally safe products and green cleaning.