IT Engineer, Virtualization Engineer
Position title: IT Engineer, Virtualization Engineer
Position #: 111371
The University of Maryland Division of Information Technology (DIT) is seeking a Virtual Desktop Engineer to create and maintain desktop images and deploy centralized VDI. The engineer will also support the design, deployment, configuration, and maintenance of the VDI infrastructure and provide technical support to users.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
● Minimum of 4 years of Microsoft desktop operating system administration, configuration and troubleshooting.
● In-depth understanding of Windows operating systems with strong understanding of Azure public cloud services.
● Experience with Windows Desktop Engineering with proven technology expertise in more than one relevant core area such as Active Directory, Azure AD, Windows Desktop Image
Engineering, Windows configuration Management, Software Distribution, and Office365.
● Experience with patching, updating and vulnerability remediation for desktop OS and third party applications.
● Flexible and able to quickly switch between projects.
● Working knowledge of security best practices.
● Experience deploying, integrating, configuring, and securing Microsoft Windows servers in Active Directory and standalone environments as well as hybrid environments (on-prem and
● Experience and in-depth knowledge of Windows Server and Workstation, SCCM, imaging, and Group Policy.
● Experience automating processes using programming\scripting languages Windows PowerShell, .NET and Batch
● Experience performing systems planning and development to include new features in the Windows server operating system as well as the ability to deploy new applications and services
● Experience with virtualization in large enterprise environments.
● Working knowledge of COTS applications.
● Understanding of a higher education environment.
● Strong customer service orientation and presentation skills.
● Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
● Experience managing a Citrix environment.
● Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016 and newer.
● MS Certifications – MCSA Windows Server 2012/2016 or MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
● Microsoft SQL 2012/2014 experience
● Experience with macOS, JAMF, VDI, scripting, BitLocker, Microsoft Azure, InTune, Office 365, OMS, and Amazon Web Services
● Experience creating and maintaining infrastructure on top of cloud services (AWS, Azure)
● VMware experience
● Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop experience
Additional information: this position does not provide sponsorship for visas.
Physical demands: sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers required to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Must have the ability to walk short distances to attend meetings on campus.
Best consideration date: open until filled
Please apply at https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/78825