Salesforce (TerpEngage) Enterprise Architect #125270University of Maryland Division of Information Technology
Salesforce (TerpEngage) Enterprise Architect
Position #: 125270
The University of Maryland, College Park (UMD) is seeking a Salesforce Architect. This position is assisting with developing the full application architecture and developing solutions that translates business requirements into functioning software systems, services and solutions. The Salesforce Solution Architect will be expected to work with the UMD Salesforce project team and UMD clients to gather requirements and develop the Salesforce solutions based on business needs with robust documentation. The Salesforce Solution Architect will require a strong knowledge of application development, database design, systems implementation and crafting technical solutions to complex business needs. The best candidates will be a highly technical professional experienced in data architecture/database programming and web application development. Candidates should have extensive development experience with the Salesforce platform.
The Salesforce Solution Architect will be expected to engage with clients and crucially understanding key client needs. He/she will be comfortable in crafting, proposing and presenting Cloud solutions at senior levels.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Certified on one or more of the following: Force.com – Architect or Developer; additional Salesforce certifications preferred
- Technical/Solution Architect with 10+ years of experience including 4+ years architecting solutions on SFDC; advanced experience with Salesforce configuration and custom development
- Full understanding Agile principles of project life cycle and development methodologies
- Knowledgeable on two or more Salesforce offerings like sales cloud, service cloud, force.com, etc.
- Strong customer interfacing skills – consulting/advisory capability to understand the customer business paradigm and provide value added solutions
- SFDCCRM application (Sales or Service Cloud) capabilities and constraints Force.com development best practices
- SOSL and SOQL, Salesforce.com’s Web Services and APIs, and the SalesForce Security model
- Process Analysis, Workflows, Page Layouts, Roles, Profiles, Reports & Dashboards
- Architecting and building solutions within the SalesForce Portal
- Integrating SFDC using Web Methods, Web services, SSO, etc.
- Master's degree in an IT-related discipline
- Experience in higher education
- Experience with ETL tools such as MuleSoft or Informatica
- Experience with broad, higher education-wide community/open source initiatives (such as Sakai, Kuali, uAchieve, CollegeNET, etc.)
- Strong experience with configuration, customization, programming with APEX APIs, APEX Triggers, and implementing new instances of SalesForce.com from scratch
Additional information: This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: sedentary work. Employee will need to be able to sit for long periods of time to work on a computer, as well as travel occasionally to meet with clients and customers on and off campus.
Best consideration date: 11/18/2019 or open until filled