Specialist, Human Resource and Finances
Position #: 126240
The Business Support Services unit of the Division of IT is looking to hire a Specialist, Human Resources and Finance position. This position will report directly to the HR Manager.
Responsibilities will include supporting HR and Finance functions across the Division, which comprises approximately 300 staff and 300 student workers. The Specialist will assist with on-boarding and training employees, managing labor expenses, and our division-wide reports. Additionally, they will take the lead on Graduate Assistant HR functions.
The ideal candidate will have an independent drive, excellent communication, high levels of organization and attention to detail, as well an ability to multitask.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in business operations preferably in a higher education institution.
A minimum of 1 year leading a team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Independent initiative to drive process innovation and continuous improvement
- Ability to clearly document processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Highly organized, proactive, solution-driven, and customer-service oriented individual
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience reviewing and updating financial reports
- Experience with HR and finance practices.
- Thorough knowledge of University, State and Federal policies/procedures applicable to personnel management.
- Working knowledge of the University’s Payroll and Human Resource (PHR) appointment system.
Physical demands: sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Best consideration date: 05/07/2021 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/82180