Sr. Storage Administrator, IT Systems AnalystUniversity of Maryland Division of Information Technology
Sr. Storage Administrator, IT Systems Analyst
The University of Maryland
The University of Maryland is seeking a Senior Storage Administrator with solid hands-on experience in the technical areas listed below.
Advanced knowledge of enterprise level SAN/NAS equipment architecture, redundant environments, administration, patching and maintenance.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to serve as a primary authority and resource for the storage administration and operations team, as well as a lead and mentor for future staff members of the storage administration team.
The preference is for a candidate who has demonstrated experience with HPE Nimble, Dell/EMC Isilon, IBM DS8800 and Cisco SAN Fabric equipment, but general storage administration experience, agnostic of vendor specific technology, will be considered.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field. Work experience can substitute for the education requirement. Must have at least 7 years of responsibility in IT storage design, strategy, operation and recovery.
- Experience with SAN and NAS administration, including fibre channel, iSCSI, NFS and SMB protocols.
- Experience with iSCSI network configuration and management.
- Experience with SAN fabric administration, zoning and configuration.
- Experience performing firmware upgrades on storage and switch devices.
- Experience with storage provisioning, de-allocation, performance monitoring, capacity management, and problem diagnosis.
Demonstrated experience and/or Certification for the following storage platforms preferred:
• HPE Nimble
• Dell/EMC Isilon
• Cisco SAN Fabric
• Dell Storage arrays
• IBM DS8800
• Object and/or cloud storage
Additional information: this position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Job risks: not applicable for this position.
Physical demands: may be required to lift and rack computing and storage equipment into data center racks and cabinets. Must be able to occasionally work in a data center environment where the ambient air temperature is 64-72 degrees.
Best consideration date: 08/29/2019, open until filled.
Please Submit Resume Online Today!