Workday Senior Analyst
University of Maryland Division of Information Technology College Park, MD Full-time Information Services / Technology (IT)
Posted on March 9, 2023
Position title: Workday Senior Analyst
Position #: 128011
Position #: 128011
TThe Senior Workday Analyst works within the Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of Maryland, College Park. This position takes a cross platform and business operations view and is primarily responsible for operationalizing the Workday platform. The Senior Workday Analyst serves as a Workday subject matter expert, designing, building, and testing solutions based on business requirements while supporting specific domain areas (e.g., Human Capital Management, Finance). With the direct supervision of the respective Product Owner, the incumbent will work with stakeholders to architect solutions to address new requirements (e.g., legislative mandate), act as a project lead and technical architect to oversee system or process changes, resolve issues/questions, and ascertain system capabilities that would best serve UMD students, faculty, and staff. Incumbent will advise on any needs for business process improvements and efficiencies in the university’s processes and procedures and help champion and socialize the needed changes.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of ten (10+) years’ experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (e.g., KFS, PHR, Workday).
- Experience providing support, problem identification, and resolution.
- Experience leading a business impact project from inception to completion (e.g., merit/COLA process, chart of accounts major changes).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under various conditions and constraints.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with members of other functional/technical teams to identify action items, team member responsibilities, etc.
- Ability to understand possible impacts to changes to a highly integrated system, determine the depth/breadth of testing necessary to minimize risk of system changes, execute and record results of testing (including data staging), etc.
- Analytical abilities, critical thinking, and problem-solving competencies to support non-standard, unique problem resolution.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including relationship, communication (verbal & written), and conflict management.
- Expertise with office productivity applications such as Google Workspace or Microsoft Office.
- Experience with large-scale, cross-functional technology implementations.
- Facilitation and presentation with large audiences.
Additional certifications: Required: Achieves and maintains certification in at least one role-specific track of the Workday Pro accreditation program within 12 months of starting.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
Salary range is $135,000-$145,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines. Sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers required to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
Best consideration date: 03/28/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.