UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND EXTENSION
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
Title: Agent Associate
Functional Title: SNAP-Ed Project Leader and Nutrition Educator—2 Positions – Harford County and St. Mary’s County
Position Number: 117541
Category Status: Faculty, Non-Tenured, Continuing Contract (This is a Non-State Funded Position)
Unit: AGNR-UME-Family and Consumer Sciences
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
This posting is for 2 positions, both 12 month, term appointments. The full-time positions are part of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Education (SNAP-Ed) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educators will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in Harford County or St. Mary’s County with emphasis on reaching food supplement (stamp) recipients. The Harford position will be housed in the Harford County Extension office in Street, MD. The St. Mary’s County position will be housed at the St. Mary’s County Extension office in Leonardtown, MD. Applicants may apply to one or both position locations. Please indicate position location(s) in cover letter and online application questions.
• Serve as Project Leader for Harford County or St. Mary’s County SNAP-Ed Project.
• Develop the SNAP-Ed annual proposal with input from collaborators.
• Manage SNAP-Ed project budget, including tracking and documenting expenditures.
• Plan and conduct nutrition education programs for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants in Harford County or St. Mary’s County.
• Collaborate with local food assistance programs to develop and distribute nutrition information.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and seek new partnerships to deliver nutrition education programs, with a focus on multi-level interventions as depicted in the Socio-Ecological Model.
• Use SNAP-Ed evaluation instruments to conduct program assessment and report formative, process, and outcome evaluation data.
• Attend SNAP-Ed staff development programs and participate in monthly conference calls.
• Bachelor's Degree in nutrition, health education, or a related field.
• Applicants must be self-motivated, flexible, innovative, and resourceful with skills in conducting community-based education programs.
• A valid driver's license and access to an automobile for travel in Harford County or St. Mary’s County and to SNAP-Ed trainings.
• Successful candidate is required to obtain a clear background check by the State of Maryland and the FBI.
• Master's Degree.
• Experience in community organizing and/or partnering with grassroots communities and schools.
• Experience in writing grants and securing funds for projects.
• Experience working with diverse community stakeholders.
• Experience in conducting nutrition education activities involving food.
Salary will be commensurate with experience with a base salary of $53,721. The University of Maryland offers an extensive benefits package.
All candidates must apply online at https://ejobs.umd.edu. When applying, please submit application letter, resume, copy of transcripts and names/contact information of 3 professional references.
Closing Date: until filled
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, religion, protected veteran status, genetic information, personal appearance, or any other legally protected class. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply