FSNE Nutrition Educator and Project Leader - Worcester/Somerset CountiesUniversity of Maryland Extension
Department: University of Maryland Extension (UME)-Family & Consumer Sciences-Food Supplement Nutrition Education
Position Title: FSNE Nutrition Educator and Project Leader —Worcester/Somerset Counties
Position Summary: This posting is for a 12 month, term appointment. The full-time position is part of the Food Supplement Nutrition Education program (FSNE) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educator will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in Worcester and Somerset Counties with emphasis on reaching food stamp recipients. The Worcester/Somerset position will be housed at the Worcester County Extension office in Snow Hills, MD.
- Serve as Project Leader for Worcester/Somerset Counties FSNE Project.
- Develop the FSNE annual proposal with input from collaborators.
- Manage FSNE project budget, including tracking and documenting expenditures.
- Plan and conduct nutrition education programs for food stamp participants in Worcester and Somerset Counties.
- Collaborate with local food assistance programs to develop and distribute nutrition information.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and seek new partnerships to deliver nutrition education programs, with a focus on multi- level interventions as depicted in the Socio-Ecological Model.
- Use FSNE evaluation instruments to conduct program assessment and report formative, process, and outcome evaluation data.
- Attend FSNE staff development programs and participate in monthly conference calls.
Please apply online at https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/63024 by September 24, 2018.