FSNE Nutrition EducatorsUniversity of Maryland Extension
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
This posting is for two separate positions, both 12 month, term appointments. The full-time positions are part of the Food Supplement Nutrition Education program (FSNE) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educators will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in Calvert County or Queen Anne’s and Caroline Counties with emphasis on reaching SNAP (food stamp) recipients. The Calvert County position will be housed at the Calvert County Extension office in Prince Frederick, MD. The Queen Anne’s/Caroline positions will be housed in the Queen Anne’s County Extension office in Centreville, MD. Applicants may apply to one or both positions.
• Serve as Project Leader for Calvert County or Queen Anne’s/Caroline Counties FSNE Project.
• Develop the FSNE annual proposal with input from collaborators.
• Manage FSNE project budget, including tracking and documenting expenditures.
• Plan and conduct nutrition education programs for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants in Calvert County or Queen Anne’s/Caroline Counties.
• Collaborate with local food assistance programs to develop and distribute nutrition information.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and seek new partnerships to deliver nutrition education programs, with a focus on multi-level interventions as depicted in the Socio-Ecological Model.
• Use FSNE evaluation instruments to conduct program assessment and report formative, process, and outcome evaluation data.
• Attend FSNE staff development programs and participate in monthly conference calls
- Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, health education, or a related field.
• Applicants must be self-motivated, flexible, innovative, and resourceful with skills and experience in conducting community-based education programs.
• A valid driver’s license and access to an automobile for travel in Calvert County or Queen Anne’s/Caroline Counties and to FSNE trainings.
• Successful candidate is required to obtain a clear background check by the State of Maryland and the FBI.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience in community organizing and/or partnering with grassroots communities and schools.
- Experience in writing grants and securing funds for projects.
- Experience working with diverse community stakeholders.
- Experience in conducting nutrition education activities involving food.
All candidates must apply online at https://ejobs.umd.edu. When applying, please submit application letter, resume, copy of transcripts and names/contact information of 3 professional references.
Closing Date: until filled
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, political affiliation, and gender identity or expression. Minorities and women are encouraged to